Dr Zakaria Dakhli
Dr Zakaria DAKHLI is a Research Associate in digital services and business models for off-site construction supporting the IfM (Institute for Manufacturing) and the CDBB (Centre for Digital Built Britain).
Before joining the University of Cambridge, Zakaria contributed to the launch of the industrial research chair “Construction 4.0” at Centrale Lille, in partnership with a global construction company. This chair aimed at developing the modern face of construction through robotics, industrialization, lean construction, A.I, and data-driven technologies.
Moreover, Zakaria worked as a consultant for several French construction companies for which he outlined the strategy map for a Construction 4.0 transition.
Currently, Zakaria explores how the construction industry could transition towards a more service-based industry leveraging digital technologies.
- Dakhli, Z., Lafhaj, Z., & Mossman, A. (2019). The Potential of Blockchain in Building Construction. Buildings, 9(4).
- Dakhli, Z., & Lafhaj, Z. (2018). Considering materials management in construction: An exploratory study. Logistics, 2(1), 7.
- Dakhli, Z., Lafhaj, Z. (2017). Efficient logistics enabled by smart solutions in tunneling. Underground Space, 2(4),
- Dakhli, Z., Lafhaj, Z., & Bernard, M. (2017). Application of Lean to the bidding phase in building construction: a French contractor’s experience. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 7 (2)
- Dakhli, Z., LAFHAJ, Z., & BOS, A. (2017). Experiencing lean six sigma in the French residential construction: setting effective performance indicators to address client satisfaction. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 7(4).
- Lafhaj Z., Dakhli Z., (2019), La Blockchain dans la construction, published in July 2019.
- Dakhli Z., Lafhaj Z. (2018), La révolution de la construction lean, published in November 2018.