Dr Ajith Parlikad
Senior Lecturer in Industrial Systems
Ajith Kumar Parlikad is a University Senior Lecturer at Cambridge University Engineering Department. He is based at the Institute for Manufacturing, where he is the Head of the Asset Management research group. He is the MET IIB course director and a Fellow and Tutor at Hughes Hall.
Ajith leads research activities on engineering asset management and maintenance. His particular focus is examining how asset information can be used to improve asset performance through effective decision-making. He actively engages with industry through research and consulting projects. He is also a member of the steering committee of the IFAC Working Group on "Advanced Maintenance Engineering, Services and Technology".
Ajith joined Cambridge University to read for his PhD degree, which he successfully completed in August 2006. For his PhD, he developed a methodology for quantifying the benefits of improving product information availability and quality on the effectiveness of product recovery processes.
Current funded projects
- Digital Cities for Change - funded by the Ove Arup Foundation
- Next Generation Converged Digital Infrastructure (NG-CDI) - funded by EPSRC and BT
- Smart Manufacturing - funded by the Royal Academy of Engineering Newton Fund
- Sustainable Design and Manufacturing through Total Cost and Value of Ownership - funded by EU H2020.
- Infrastructure asset management - funded by the EPSRC (CSIC).
- BIM and Data driven engineering for asset management - funded by Costain and CSIC
- 3P5: Industrial Engineering (2016- )
- 3P2: Production Machines and Systems (2007- )
- 3P7: Managing Business and People (2011-16)
- 3P4: Operations Management (2007-11, 2016)
MET IIB (Course Director, 2016- )
- Industrial Operations Management (2017- )
- Industrial Systems Operations and Services (2012-16)
- Managing People (2011-14)
- Asset Management (2010-11)
Current PhD students
- Sam Petchrompo (2017- ): Portfolio asset management
- Gishan Don Ranasinghe (2017- ): Social Network of Machines
- James Heaton (2016- ): Information management processes within asset management
- Adria Salvador (2016- ): Distributed collaborative learning for prognosis and predictive maintenance
- Hao Li (2015- ): Distributed workload planning and predictive maintenance
- Joel Adams (2015- ): Dynamic asset criticality and its impact on asset management
Past PhD students
- Jiaqiang Wang (2012-16): Performance measurement for asset management systems
- Zhenglin Liang (2011-15): Condition-based maintenance optimisation of systems with fault propagation
- Nipat Rasmekomen (2010-14): Condition-based maintenance of systems with degradation interactions
- Alexander Borek (2009-12): Risk-based approach for measuring the impact of data quality
- Raj Srinivasan (2008-11): Value of Information for maintenance decisions
Click here for a dynamic list of my publications on the departmental system.
Click here for the list of my publications on Google Scholar.