Yuta Hirose is an expert in strategy, technology, and innovation management working as an Industrial Associate with IfM Engage. He is based in Tokyo, Japan, working with organisational partners including SMEs, corporations and government entities in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yuta assists his organisational partners by helping moving them forward in the following key areas:
- Improved strategy development.
- Organisational capability development.
- New business system design.
Yuta has published articles and case studies, with recent journal papers titled:
- ‘Characterizing Maturity Levels for Organization-wide Roadmapping Implementation’
- ‘Kick-Starting Roadmapping Implementation in Corporate Settings: Lessons Learned from IHI Corporation’
- ‘Practical Roadmapping Implementation: What we learned from QinetiQ Group’
- ’Sustaining Organizational Roadmapping Implementation: Lessons Learned from Subsea 7’
He is based in Tokyo, Japan, where he develops and deploys the Institute for Manufacturing’s research outputs into practice through projects on a collaborative basis, working closely with organisational partners in the Asia-Pacific region. His research interests include the area of strategic management, innovation and technology management, with a particular interest in roadmapping.
Previously, Yuta worked as a chemical engineer, technology consultant, company director and professor. He is currently appointed as a technology advisor to the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). Yuta has a PhD in Engineering from the University of Cambridge. He also has an MSc in Sustainability Science from the University of Tokyo, a BEng in Chemical Engineering and a BCom in Finance from the University of Melbourne.
Yuta is affiliated with the following activities at the IfM: