Dr Florian Urmetzer
Senior Research Associate
Value creation and value capture and customer satisfaction research
Florian Urmetzer is a Senior Research Associate with the Cambridge Service Alliance. Florian is interested in the development of tools for service design. In detail, he is looking at the creation and capture of value within complex service ecosystems. Specifically, he is interested in helping managers to fully understand the value exchange, in order to enable them to influence business models, and optimize B2B and B2C processes. Florian’s second research interest is customer satisfaction.
Prior to joining the Alliance Florian was previously employed at Accenture in Zürich, Switzerland. He holds a distinction MSc (Network Centred Computing) and a PhD, both from Reading University, School of Systems Engineering. His PhD research was concerned with the development of a Tool and Methods that Enables Usability Evaluations in Real-time Distributed Collaborative Environments. Academically he was a visitor to the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre extreme computing group and the Politecnico di Milano. In industry he has worked for SAP Research in Switzerland as a Senior Researcher and Project Manager. Here he has led the EU sponsored Research project FAST and was involved in multiple other EU funded projects. Florian has also previously worked for Volkswagen, IBM and Gartner Inc.
- Urmetzer, F., Parlikad, A. K., Pearson, C., & Neely, A. (2014). Design Considerations for Engineering Asset Management Systems. In: Proceedings of the 9th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management – WCEAM 2014. Pretoria South Africa
- Urmetzer, Florian, and Isabelle Walinski. "User Acceptance and Mobile Payment Security." International Journal of E-Services and Mobile Applications (IJESMA) 6.2 (2014): 37-66.
- V. Hoyer; T. Janner; C. Schroth; I.Delchev; F. Urmetzer (2009): FAST Platform. A Concept for User-Centric, Enterprise Class Mashup. In: Proceedings of the 5th Conference of Professional Knowledge Management: Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI), 2009. 5th Conference of Professional Knowledge Management. Solothurn, Switzerland.
- R. Siebeck; T. Janner; C. Schroth; V. Hoyer; W. Wörndl; F. Urmetzer (2009). Cloud-based Enterprise Mashup Integration Services for B2B Scenarios. 2009. - 2nd Workshop on Mashups, Enterprise Mashups and Lightweight Composition on the Web (MEM 2009) in conjunction with the 18th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2009) - Madrid, Spain.
- R. Siebeck; T. Janner; C. Schroth; V. Hoyer; W. Wörndl; F. Urmetzer (2009). Using Mashup Integration Services in B2B Scenarios. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC) 2009. - Stockholm, Sweden.
- F. Urmetzer and V. Alexandrov (2007). Usability Evaluation in Task Orientated Collaborative Environments. In Computational Science - ICCS 2007, Pages 792--798, Springer, 2007.
- F. Urmetzer, A. Thandavan, V. Alexandrov and A. Robert J (2006). Visual Workflow Editors: A Critical Review from Users' Perspective. In Production Systems and Information Engineering, Vol. 4:21 - 32, 2006.
- G. Lewis and S. Gergely and F. Urmetzer and V. Alexandrov and P. Kacsuk (2005). The Collaborative P-GRADE Grid Portal. In The International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2005), Springer, 2005.
More on the Cambridge Service Alliance.