Nick Sullivan combines an international manufacturing and service industry background with research from the IfM, enabling him to add value to both manufacturing and service companies.
He has a passion for helping entrepreneurial companies, working with them to develop their strategy and improve their innovation and operational practices. He began his association with IfM in 2012.
As an Industrial Associate, Nick includes the latest research and management thinking into highly collaborative and engaging workshops. He facilitates co-created outputs including:
- Business strategies to deliver sustainable and profitable growth.
- Generation and prioritisation of ideas to create and capture new value.
- Application of IfM’s roadmapping approaches to assess business opportunities and develop tailored operational action plans.
As entrepreneurial companies tend to work at a clock speeds significantly faster than most companies, Nick’s workshops address the need for rapid results. Consistent with the IfM Engage unique consulting approach, he ensures effective knowledge transfer for clients to develop without the need for ongoing external interventions.
Nick has 24 years’ experience in various industrial sectors, including seven years in managing director roles leading major transformations.
He has worked with automotive OEMs in the UK and Europe and with strategy consultants Booz Allen & Hamilton. He led major supply chain initiatives in the aerospace industry for GKN, and workforce management initiatives across various industry sectors. More recently, he co-founded two service companies which continue to flourish today.
Nick leads the IfM involvement with EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) Star Venture Programme which supports over 200 start-ups in an expanding number of countries – from Eastern Europe, SEMED to North Africa. He is also part of the IfM Engage team supporting the Rolls-Royce-inspired Sharing in Growth Programme.
Nick has graduate and postgraduate Engineering qualifications from Cambridge University and an MBA from INSEAD.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit