Chief Operations Officer
Kate Willsher is responsible for the operational management of IfM Engage, including the effective function of the Consultancy support and Administration, Marketing and Events functions. She leads on HR and recruitment for IfM Engage and ideaSpace and on the selection of new consultants for IfM Engage. She also looks after external collaborations and partnerships with key industry bodies and groups, with a particular interest in supporting SMEs.
Human resources, recruitment, leadership and management, particularly focussed on building a positive and productive culture in the workplace. Relationship building, networking and partnership management. Kate is an ACAS-trained mediator and a mentor.
Kate studied English and Drama at Bretton Hall College, University of Leeds. Her early career was spent in Cambridge-based technology start-ups. Prior to joining IfM Engage, she worked in public relations for the Regional Development Agency, for a Cambridge MP and in recruitment.
Kate won the 2019 Whitehall Industry Group Leadership Impact Award, is a mentor and judges for the Make UK Apprentice of the year awards. She has also judged on the TMMX Young Manufacturer of the Year awards and the Primary Engineer leader’s award.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit