New thinking about manufacturing. Putting those new ideas into practice today. Educating the manufacturing leaders of tomorrow.
How to hack food challenges
IfM researchers are leading a pioneering project to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship in the food sector. A series of 'MAKEathon' events is drawing on the hackathon model to address food industry challenges.
IfM researchers create miniature winter landscape with lasers and inkjet printing
Researchers from IfM Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing Group have created a miniature winter scene for this year's IfM Christmas Card. The scene has been created using lasers and inkjet printing and the trees are no bigger than 10mm high.
IfM Knowledge Partner at UK’s biggest manufacturing event
Sharing our content and perspectives from the largest manufacturing event in the UK calendar: an opening keynote from Tim Minshall, a series of IfM workshops, and engagement across the manufacturing community. Catch up with what you missed.
- 25FebOpen course Digitalisation of End-to-End Supply Chains
- 17MarOpen course Strategic Roadmapping
- 24MarOpen course Technology & Innovation Management
- 13MayOpen course Making the Right Things in the Right Places
Top ten articles
- A landscape for the future of high value manufacturing in the UK
- Digital manufacturing on a Shoestring
- Management tools and toolkits: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Why you need Big Data to measure customer loyalty
- Making the shift to services
- Do not fall prey to business ecosystem failure
- Business model innovation report
- Factories of the future and implications for automation
- The lost art of risk management
- Getting smart with digital