New thinking about manufacturing. Putting those new ideas into practice today. Educating the manufacturing leaders of tomorrow.
IfM plugs into new Made Smarter investments in smart manufacturing
The institute is working across projects in connected factories and healthcare innovation, partnering with government, industry, catapults and academia.
‘Exemplary educator’ Alan Thorne wins Pilkington Prize
The prize recognises Alan’s outstanding contribution to the IfM’s flagship educational ‘Robot Lab’, which has become one of the defining features of the Manufacturing Engineering Tripos (MET).
IfM partners on new hub to drive healthcare innovation across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
The institute is part of a winning bid led by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust to host one of four new UK hubs supporting the adoption of innovations in healthcare.
- 16NovOpen course Making the Right Things in the Right Places
- 23NovOpen course The new era of customer experience: Optimising engagement across digital, physical and social channels
- 30NovOpen course Roadmapping for strategy and innovation
- 03Nov[ONLINE EVENT] Cambridge Service Alliance Industry Day Conference
- 07Dec[ONLINE EVENT] Open Innovation Forum Food, Drink & FMCG Pitching Event 2021
Top ten articles
- Connecting healthcare and manufacturing: The challenges of COVID-19
- Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking growth through technological transformation
- The Maker Movement vs COVID-19: How a DIY community responded to the pandemic
- Understanding risk in pharmaceutical supply chains
- Supply chains and the power of artificial intelligence
- UK supply chains: Learning the right lessons from COVID-19
- COVID-19: International manufacturing policy responses
- COVID-19 critical supplies: The manufacturing repurposing challenge
- The power of repurposing: How smaller manufacturers helped the UK withstand COVID-19’s first wave
- Helping SMEs towards digitalisation