Graham Bell is an Intellectual Property specialist. Graham works with organisations of all types and in all sectors to enable a transformation of IP as a passive, reactive function to one that actively recognises and manages the intangible assets that drive business value. He has been working with the IfM Engage team since 2019.
In his role as an Industrial Associate, Graham assists client organisations with the development of an Intellectual Property Strategy that:
- aligns with the wider organisation goals;
- enables the organisation to take a proactive approach to IP capture, protection and exploitation;
- creates linkages between different organisational functions to ensure IP value is recognised (through awareness building) and maximised (through exploitation and reduction of IP leakage).
Graham takes a pragmatic view to intellectual property, focusing on how different forms of IP are most appropriate to different business models and sectors, and how they may be leveraged to sustain competitive positions.
Previously, Graham was Head of Technology at a London-based IP intermediary and transaction firm. As a Technology Consultant, Graham spent 18 years with PA Consulting Group, focusing on product development in telecoms, consumer electronics and automotive sectors.
Graham holds a Masters degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering and an MBA. He is a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET) and has been named in the IAM Strategy 300 (IAM300) – The World’s Leading IP Strategists for five consecutive years.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit