Dr Judith Shawcross
Head of Executive and Professional Development
Judith Shawcross is the Head of Executive and Professional Development. Her focus is the design, development and delivery of highly customised professional development programmes for clients using the extensive expertise available at IfM and across the University of Cambridge. Judith has been working in this role since 2012.
Judith works at the intersection of education, research combined with science and technology-based business, drawing on her first-hand expertise and experience of all.
She assists clients by:
- working with them to identify the most appropriate learning and development interventions to create results and impact;
- developing and working in collaborative partnerships;
- designing inspirational and transformational development programmes that weave together the mindset, knowledge and skill sets delegates require, drawing on the most appropriate research-based content;
- integrating real and strategic client projects into programmes, creating impactful delegate learning journey and potentially valuable outcomes.
Judith led the design, development and delivery of the Atos programme that won the prestigious 2018 EFMD Excellence in Practice Silver Award in the “Professional Development” category for the Learning and Development partnership with Atos and Paderborn University.
Judith completed her PhD (part-time) in 2018, focusing on Professional Skills Development to prepare Masters level students for business and industry roles related to solving real and complex problems. Publications are listed on the IfM website.
Prior to joining IfM Engage she undertook a range of roles:
- Senior Research Associate at IfM in the fields of Technology and Innovation Management focussing on teaching and skills development.
- Course Director, MSc in Science Entrepreneurship at Cass Business School.
- Lecturer at the Manchester Science Enterprise Centre developing and delivering innovative Enterprise programmes.
- 14 years’ industrial experience in a major UK science and engineering company, including strategic roles in the corporate centre to operational roles in manufacturing.
Judith has a PhD from Cambridge University, an MBA from Manchester Business School and a BEng (Mechanical Engineering) from Bristol University.