Dr Imoh Ilevbare
Product Manager (Innovation and Technology Management), IfM Education and Consultancy Services
Dr Imoh Michael Ilevbare works at IfM Education and Consultancy Services at the University of Cambridge as a Product Manager for its Innovation and Technology Management services. He has responsibility for the development and delivery of management tools for industry application from Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) research. He is also part of the consulting team that configures and delivers bespoke solutions to address organisation’s specific challenges.
Imoh’s key expertise is in Strategic Technology and Innovation Management, and has developed tools/solutions in and around strategic roadmapping, technology strategy, risk management, portfolio selection, product/service design, strategic marketing, creativity, and the assessment of innovation and technology management capabilities. These solutions have been delivered globally to organisations of different sizes across several industries. Imoh also delivers training in these areas.
In addition to his work at the University of Cambridge, Imoh is technology strategy Theme Editor for R&D Today, an online-based outreach magazine by the Research and Development Management Association (RADMA). His areas of interest include digitalisation and digital transformation of firms.
Prior to these, Imoh obtained a PhD from University of Cambridge studying roadmapping and risk management in the context of strategic innovation planning, and graduated with first class honours in Mechanical Engineering. Also, he is a certified Facilitator and Project Manager. He previously worked in FMCG, oilfield servicing and agri-business industries.
Papers & Publications
- Ilevbare I. M. (2017) – An examination of the Role and Practical Application of Scenarios within Strategic Planning. The R&D Management Conference, Leuven, Belgium. July 2017.
- Hillegas-Elting J. V., Ilevbare I. M. (2017) – What is it we’re Trying to Do Here, Anyway? Refelections upon Frist Principles as a Foundation to the Maturation of Roadmapping within an Organisation. The R&D Management Conference, Leuven, Belgium. July 2017.
- Yip M.H., Ilevbare I. M., Phaal R. & Probert D. R. (2016) – Translating technology management research into practice – System Design Characterisation as an example. PICMET ’16 Conference, Hawaii, USA. September 2016.
- Ilevbare I.M., Dusch B. & Templeton P.W. (2016) – A framework and methodology for developing decision support tools for business and policy. Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge.
- Phaal R., Kerr C., Ilevbare I. M., & Athanassopoulou N. (2015) - Self-facilitating templates for technology and innovation strategy workshops. The R&D Management Conference, Pisa, Italy. June 2015.
- Bocken N., Athanassopoulou N., Ilevbare I. M., Phaal R., & Rana P., (2015) – A Strategy Process for Early Stage Ventures to Develop Sustainable Value Opportunities. International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing, Seville, Spain. April 2015.
- Ilevbare I.M., Probert D.R. & Phaal R., (2014). Towards risk-aware roadmapping – influencing factors and practical measures. Technovation 34(8), 399-409.
- Ilevbare, I. M., Probert, D., & Phaal, R. (2013). A review of TRIZ, and its benefits and challenges in practice. Technovation, 33(2), 30-37.
- Ilevbare I.M., Probert D.R. & Phaal R., (2011). Investigating the treatment of risk and uncertainty in roadmapping. The R&D Management Conference, Norrkoping, Sweden, June 2011.
- Ilevbare I. M., Phaal R., Probert D., & Torres-Padilla, A. (2011). Integration of TRIZ and roadmapping for innoation, strategy and problem solving. (http://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/uploads/Research/CTM/Roadmapping/triz_dux_trt_phase1_report.pdf)
- Ilevbare I.M., Probert D.R. & Phaal R., (2010). Strategic planning for uncertain futures: A framework integrating scenario planning, roadmapping and options thinking. The R&D Management Conference, Manchester, UK. June 2010.