Peter Thornton has worked as a visiting fellow to IfM with the IfM Engage team since 2015. He typically takes on the role of programme director for talent development programmes, as well as teaching, designing and leading on in-company consultancy work.
In his role as an Industrial Associate, Peter assists clients with moving their organisations forward in the following key areas:
- Talent and leadership development.
- Organisational development challenges.
- Working with, teaching or coaching groups and individuals.
Peter has interests in Design Thinking, innovation and social sciences as applied to people working in organisations. He has experience of working with small and large organisations and private and public sector. From an engineering background, Peter has developed as an expert in helping people get the best out of themselves, and wellbeing in organisations, identifying especially with those from a technical background or role.
Peter is an experienced practitioner in executive development, programme delivery, consultancy, and business coaching. He previously worked at Cranfield School of Management in executive development and for 15 years in the automotive and financial services industries.
Peter is British Psychological Society (BPS) qualified, experienced in using MBTI, 16PF and the Firo B, Belbin and Talent Q tools. He has a B.Eng from Leicester Polytechnic, an MBA from Warwick and Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching, Learning & Assessment in Higher Education from Cranfield University.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit