Rob Munro is an advisor to leaders of technology-intensive innovation working mainly in larger and complex high-value manufacturing companies, universities and government agencies.
As part of the IfM’s knowledge transfer practice, Rob develops and delivers projects to assist clients to move their organisations forward in the following key areas:
- Developing effective technology, innovation and business plans that align the organisation to achieve its future potential.
- Enabling the innovation transformation of organisations.
- Creating more effective innovation systems and approaches specifically front-end innovation.
- Innovation process design and facilitation.
Before becoming an innovation and technology specialist, Rob spent twenty-four years within speciality chemical and material companies ICI and Johnson Matthey, creating new technologies and building new businesses. He held senior line management positions in manufacturing operations, commercial and R&D with a strong track record in developing business and innovation strategies, improving business work processes and delivering complex, high-value projects.
As a research practitioner in innovation management, Rob is an active chemical engineer with a deep interest in using science and technology to respond to the challenges of climate change and resource depletion.
Rob holds a Masters degree in Chemical and Process Engineering and an MBA from Manchester Business School where innovation and technology management was a particular focus. He has been an associate of IfM Engage since 2016 and has developed and delivered numerous projects with clients.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit