Neo C.K. Yiu
Neo has joined IfM as a doctoral researcher at Cambridge Service Alliance, under the supervision of Dr Veronica Martinez. His main area of interest is industrial application and development of Distributed Intelligent Systems and Distributed Ledger Technologies. He is currently investigating a multi-agent blockchain-enabled system approach applied to circularity and sustainability aspects of supply chain ecosystems and secured multi-party computation systems.
Prior to joining IfM and University of Cambridge, Neo has had over 10 years of professional experience covering different major technical and leadership roles in companies of industries ranging from computer software, mining, technical consulting to supply-chain. He is currently the Group Blockchain Lead at De Beers Group, leading the development and engineering effort of blockchain initiatives (E.g., value-chain traceability, digital asset development, decentralised finance innovations, etc) across the company groups. Formerly affiliated with Oxford Blockchain Society as the Director of Technology Development, Neo is professionally affiliated with UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies as the Industry Associate, and EC-Council as the Senior Member of its Global Blockchain Advisory Board and Cyber Research Editorial Board. He is also a full member of IET, IEEE and CIIS.
Neo holds a MSc in Computer Science from University of Oxford and a B.Eng. in Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management from The University of Hong Kong.
- Industrial Application and Development of Distributed Intelligent Systems
- Industrial and Financial Application of Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Blockchain Interoperability, Security, Privacy and Scalability
- Intelligent Supply Chain Traceability and Anti-Counterfeiting
- Sustainable and Circular Supply Chains
- IoT Data Integrity and Scalability
- Edge/Fog Application and Integration in IoT Data Processing
- Neo C.K. Yiu. Decentralizing Supply Chain Anti-Counterfeiting and Traceability Systems Using Blockchain Technology. Future Internet 2021, 13, 84. https://doi.org/10.3390/fi13040084
- Neo C.K. Yiu. Toward Blockchain-Enabled Supply Chain Anti-Counterfeiting and Traceability. Future Internet 2021, 13, 86. https://doi.org/10.3390/fi13040086
- Neo C.K. Yiu, “An Empirical Analysis of Implementing Enterprise Blockchain Protocols in Supply Chain Anti-Counterfeiting and Traceability,” arXiv preprint arXiv:2102.02601 [cs.CR], DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.20322.04805, 2020.
- Neo C.K. Yiu, “An NFC-Enabled Anti-Counterfeiting System for Wine Industry,” arXiv preprint arXiv:1601.06372 [cs.CY], DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.36025.80480/1, 2014.
- Neo C.K. Yiu, “An Overview of Forks and Coordination in Blockchain Development,” arXiv preprint arXiv:2102.10006 [cs.CR], 2021.
- Member, Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Industry Associate, UCL Centre of Blockchain Technologies
- Senior Member, EC-Council Global Blockchain Advisory Board
- Senior Member, EC-Council Cyber Research Editorial Board
- Member, IEEE
- Member, Chartered Institute of Information Security