- Inter-relationships between processing parameters, mechanical properties and material microstructures
- Sustainable and eco-efficient manufacturing
- Sustainable materials usage
- Material and product end-of-life: re-use and recycling
- Value from waste
- Eco-efficient manufacturing
Claire Barlow specialises in materials engineering. Research work has covered a wide range of materials and processes, with a particular interest in the inter-relationships between processing parameters, mechanical properties and material microstructures. The focus is now on end-of-life materials, looking at how to assess the environmental impact of materials usage and how to improve recycling and re-use, especially of plastics. She is involved in research on technical and organisational aspects of sustainability in manufacturing industry.