The Manufacturing Industry Education Group (MIERG) looks at educational issues related to manufacturing industry.
It aims to research areas where new knowledge will benefit the learning and development of:
- people in becoming effective and excellent practitioners in manufacturing industry roles
- manufacturing industry companies in developing and sustaining the capabilities needed to compete in the global industrial ecosystem.
- What are the perceptions of engineers amongst primary school children?
- How can Higher Education support the initial professional development of graduates destined for manufacturing industry?
- Understanding the changing educational needs during the industrial emergence cycle.
- What do manufacturing professionals do and how will this need to change?
- What knowledge and skills are important?
- Educational policy challenges to cope with a shifting industrial ecosystem and a changing world.
- How is training/education evaluated and how is impact measured?
Programme co-ordinator: Judith Shawcross