Jennifer Castañeda-Navarrete is a Policy Analyst at Policy Links, the knowledge exchange unit of the Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (CSTI), and part of IfM Engage, University of Cambridge. Jennifer conducts economic and policy analysis to inform industrial and innovation policies in developing and developed countries.
In her role as Policy Analyst, Jennifer provides expertise in development economics and public policy in areas including:
- Science, technology and innovation policy.
- Industrial development policy.
- Policy design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Social and economic implications of technology adoption.
Jennifer has over 10 years’ experience in policy analysis in developing and developed contexts. Before joining IfM Engage, she worked as a consultant, in academia and in a regional ministry for industrial development in Mexico. In 2012, she was awarded the Joan Prats prize for young researchers from the Research Institute Ortega y Gasset for the best paper in public policy.
Recent examples of her work include: a report for UNDP Cambodia on Adaptation and Adoption of Industry 4.0; the briefing note “How manufacturing can emerge stronger: Policies to support industrial recovery and growth after COVID-19”; and academic papers on the impact of COVID-19 on the apparel global value chain and on the impacts of the pandemic on gender disparities in the Mexican labour market.
Jennifer holds a PhD in Development Studies, University of Sussex, UK. She also holds an MSc in Economics and Development Economics from the University of Nottingham, UK and an MA in Government and Public Policy from the Autonomous University of Yucatán, Mexico.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit