Dr Viktória Döme
Dr Viktória Döme
Viktória is a Research Associate at the Centre for Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy at the Institute for Manufacturing. Her research focuses on comparative analysis of commercialisation policies and exploring their influence on different stages of technology development.
- Translation of government-funded R&D into commercial settings
- International comparative analysis of innovation systems and policies
- Green energy transition and sustainable development
- Green energy transition and innovation in the Central European region
- Policy diffusion and adoption
Viktória has received her PhD in Public Policy from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and her BSc in Ecological and Environmental Sciences from the University of Edinburgh. She won a RedBird Academic Excellence Award in recognition of her academic excellence and leadership skills from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. She also studied at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, following which she became a network partner at the Sustainability and Economic Development Collaboratory and worked as a scientist at A*STAR in Singapore. During her studies, Viktória also worked as a trainee at the Ministry of Environment in Slovakia.
Viktória has research experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis in the fields of innovation and energy policy. During her PhD, she comparatively analysed innovation systems and policy mixes of smaller developed and Central European countries in order to understand how their approaches to innovation for sustainable development, and the clean energy transition, differ and how they could be improved. Based on an extensive dataset of policies synthesized through content analysis of government documents, her findings confirm that there is a large policy gap in terms of setting up and financing production facilities or making spaces favourable for industries to scale up sustainability technologies.
Selected working papers, conferences, and interviews
- Döme, V. (with Matus, K. and Cycak, W.). Innovation strategies meet sustainable development needs: A comparative analysis of innovation policies of 10 OECD countries across five sectors, working paper.
- Döme, V. (with Luo, G., Matus, K. and Cycak, W.). Patterns of transformative innovation policy in small open economies and policy implications: The case of the energy sector in Hong Kong, working paper.
- Döme, V. (2021). Youth Talks – Initiate Talks: Interview with Viktória Döme, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, interviewed by Bene C. F., Enlit Europe.
- Döme, V. (with Matus, K. and Cycak, W.). (2021). The role of government and public policy in clean energy technology innovation: The case of Central European countries, conference paper presented at the European Forum for Studies of Policies for Research and Innovation Early Career Research Conference, Eu-SPRI Forum.
- Döme, V. (with Matus, K. and Cycak, W.). (2021). Policy interventions supporting clean energy innovation of small countries and the role of public policy makers, conference paper presented at the Australasian Public Policy Network (APPN) Conference 2021, University of Melbourne.
- Döme, V. (2019). Cross-national diffusion patterns of the Feed-in Tariff scheme: What causes the gradual adoption of the renewable energy policy across nations?, conference paper presented at the 4th Annual Conference of Annual Conference of Asia-Pacific Public Policy Network (APPPN), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit