Dr Rocco Lupoi
- Cold Spray (CS)
- Metalization of polymer substrates
- Cold Spray nozzles design
- Metal deposition processes
- Fluid mechanics, Supersonic flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Energy absorption/dissipation in engineering systems
- Metalforming methods and analysis
- Spray Track -(2008-2010)
- Supersonic Laser Deposition (SLD) and Laser-assisted Cold Spray (LCS) - (2010-current)
Rocco graduated as a mechanical engineer from Politecnico di Torino University (Italy). Subsequently. He carried out his PhD in the University of Bath (UK), during which he investigated the design of Universal Re-usable Energy Absorption Devices (UREAD), based upon an innovative technique to dissipate energy in engineering systems.
Currently involved in the development of innovative metal deposition techniques for industrial implementation.