China A tiger in the supply chain
- Investigate the opportunities and problems of investing in China
- Understand the nature of, and potential for, manufacturing there
- Raise awareness of the emerging trends and economic benefits of Chinese operations
- Foster links between UK and Chinese industry
Download this flyer as a PDF file (the original 'flyer')
The programme concentrated in particular on:
- The evolution of China beyond its role as a low cost manufacturing base
- China as a centre for innovation and R&D
- The growing domestic market in China.
A team of 32 Manufacturing Engineering Masters graduates and staff completed a two-week tour in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong) from 3-17 July. During this period, the team visited around 40 Chinese and multinational companies. The tour built on a foundation of research and analysis carried out by the team in Cambridge between January and July.
Report and conference
The detailed findings of the project were communicated in two ways: