Seizing opportunities in times of change
Today's organisations face considerable economic and political uncertainties. New technologies and new business models are emerging and evolving faster than ever before. Everyone is talking about a 'digital revolution' but are not sure what it means for them right now and in the future. One thing is for sure: now, more than ever, companies need to be innovating their business models, their products and services and their manufacturing and supply networks on a continual basis.
Whatever the size or type of your manufacturing or technology company – from multinational to start-up – we can work alongside you to you address some of these challenges. Our consultancy is derived from the new ideas and approaches developed by researchers at the IfM and then customised by our consultants to meet your precise needs. We also offer a range of professional development programmes and short courses based on IfM research to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours organisations need to meets their goals.
We already work with some of the world's leading companies, helping them to:
- Turn their R&D into successful products, processes and services through effective innovation and technology management
- Achieve competitive advantage by optimising their manufacturing and supply networks
- Make a successful shift to services
- Design products and services that really meet their customers’ needs and which have the potential to revolutionise their business model
- Understand what and when to automate
- Turn their technical experts into corporate strategists through bespoke talent development programmes
- Extend team member capabilities through our bespoke or open short courses
We have worked more than 1,000 SMEs either as part of funded development programmes or direct with the companies themselves.
- Prioritise their business needs and opportunities
- Develop and then keep refreshing their business strategy
- Designing new sustainable business models
- Add a service dimension to their business
We also work with early stage technology start-ups (including university research laboratory spin-outs) to develop an exploitation strategy and foster industry-university research collaborations.
We have developed a number of business tools which can be used in a wide variety of contexts. These include roadmapping, a powerful technique for capturing and making sense of the huge amounts of connected data needed to inform effective decision-making. The roadmapping methods can be readily adapted to different needs and contexts, ranging from the overarching business and innovation strategies to planning for individual products, services or technologies. Roadmapping can also be used in conjunction with a wide range of other IfM tools and techniques.