IT Architectures for Logistics Integration
This project aims to investigate how existing logistics-related information systems must evolve to address future logistics needs.
A new era for logistics?
- Increased online shopping
- The needs of individual customers must be fulfilled
- Warehousing is growing in size and complexity to meet future strategic and operational needs of the supply chain
- Mismatches between physical operations and IT systems
- Integration between warehouse operations and transportation
- Operational and IT requirements dealing with the challenges posed by B2C-like commerce
Addressing the Challenges
- Develop the idea of an “Indefinite Information System” to manage uncertain and volatile data about physical warehousing operations.
- Develop flexible and robust order management systems that take into account transportation plans, disruptions and updates
- Develop a framework for what needs to be employed in terms of processes/business units/operations in logistics to support B2C-like commerce.
Direct engagement with the industrial partner to
- Obtain a detailed view of operations and strategic challenges
- Evaluation and testing of concepts/prototypes within the organisation
- Handover/transition solutions to the organisation
YH Global, China
James & James