To develop more sustainable societies, industries need to better understand how to respond to environmental, economic and social challenges and transform industrial behaviour. The Sustainable Manufacturing module addresses current thinking and knowledge in this area, and introduces tools that accelerate the transition towards a sustainable industrial system.
Module learning outcomes
On completion of the module students should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
- What is meant by sustainability in an industrial context;
- The drivers of, and barriers to, sustainable manufacturing;
- Systems approaches to sustainability;
- How businesses may respond to the sustainability challenge;
- Carbon footprint assessment of a product using the Eco-audit tool on CES.