Case study examples
There are many examples of changing industrial practice. We have chosen a range of cases that illustrate the scale of potential improvement and cover a range of sectors and operational scales. We do not claim that these examples are either best practice or ultimately sustainable. Notwithstanding the significant levels of improvement the companies have achieved, each recognises that they are at the early stages of a long journey. In their different ways they have each looked into the future and identified a need to change, and targeted key aspects of their business for change. These cases are a first step in creating a library of such cases, for use by all industrial academics and practitioners.
- ABSugar: Beyond sugar to tomatoes, bio-ethanol and more. . .
- Adnams: Beer with less carbon
- Brandix: Factory goes green
- Navistar and Castrol: Chemical management system
- Philips: Designing for green
- Swepac INternational AB: Longer lasting soil compactors
- Toyota Motor Europe: Leaning on production
- VITSŒ: Timeless designs that encourage reuse
- Xerox: Managing documents not printing copies
If you have a story you would like to share, please contact Dai Morgan.