How governments can work with IfM
The IfM's Centre for Science, Technology & Innovation Policy (CSTI) carries out applied research into programmes, processes and practices for translating publically-funded R&D (in particular science and engineering research) into new technologies, industries and economic wealth.
As well as CSTI's research into how to develop effective technology and innovation policy, IfM also contributes to policy making through its subject expertise. In particular, the Centres for Industrial Sustainability, International Manufacturing and Technology Management, provide regular research-based input into a wide range of government bodies and committees.
The Centre for Industrial Sustainability hosts the Resilient and Sustainable Development Research Programme which integrates industrial sustainability knowledge with systems engineering tools and sustainable development policy research to build tools that governments can use to solve nation-scale sustainability and resilience challenges.
Policy Links work closely with UK and international policy practitioners to offer new evidence, insights and tools based on the latest academic thinking and international best practice. The team is equipped with expertise and resources to provide solutions based on:
- World-class research in the fields of science, technology and innovation (STI) policy.
- Specialist understanding of established and emerging technologies and industries.
- Extensive knowledge and practical understanding of international policy approaches and best practice.
Find out more about Policy Links projects and activities, as well as information about working with us, at the Cambridge Industrial Innovation Policy website.
IfM Engage also has a team of consultants who work with national, regional and local governments to support industrial innovation using methods developed by IfM researchers to:
- Understand how national or regional competences fit within the global manufacturing landscape and which areas need to be developed in order to be competitive
- Roadmap key sectors, technologies or regions to create a shared vision and action plan
For more information about IfM Engage's work with governments, click here.