Current Research Projects
Strategy Modelling and Visualisation
Developing visual approaches to support strategy development that help companies deal with the large amounts of complex information involved.
- Visual support for questionnaire design
Competence, Capability and Resource Analysis
Studying the way companies co-ordinate resources to improve capabilities and performance; the role of company values in generating high performance.
Understanding the challenges involved in developing and implementing appropriate performance measurement systems; tools and techniques to improve the process.
- Developing Business Excellence Models for Performance Measurement in organizations in Transitional Economies
- Evaluation of performance measurement systems
Developing tools to support 'availability contracting' - enhanced service contracts covering a product's entire life. Cultural, organisational and risk factors involved in moving from manufacturing to service provision.
- Investigating Product-related Services in Manufacturing: Winning Combination between Products and Services
- Co-creation in military complex service systems
Strategy Options for Start-ups
Exploring the challenges for start-ups when bringing a new technology, product or service to market; selecting the most appropriate strategy.
- A Framework for Developing Manufacturing Strategy in Start-up Companies
- Strategy formation in high growth SMEs
- Developing SME business models
- Enabling Innovation Ecosystems in the MENA Region
- Exploitating synergistic technology competences in the supply chain to aid new product development
- Developing innovative business models for SMEs