Tips on effective grant writing practices and related guidance are often provided by national research funding agencies, as well as some research journals, universities and individual researchers. The following are are a list of websites providing advice on research grant proposal development.
Advice from research journals and researchers
- Writing a good grant proposal (Simon Peyton Jones and Alan Bundy)
- Grants and Grant Writing (Science Careers from Science magazine, AAAS)
- Art of Grantsmanship (Jacob Kraicer, Human Frontier Science Program)
- Peer Review Demystified (Peter Scott, 2002)
- Why academics have a hard time writing good grant proposals (Robert Porter, 2006)
Advice from funding agencies
- Preparing a proposal (EPSRC, UK)
- A guide for proposal writing (NSF, USA)
- Grant process overview (NIH, USA)
- Grant writing tip sheets (NIH, USA)
- Research grants guide (BBSRC, UK)
- Handbook and referee guidance materials (NERC, UK)
- Points to bear in mind when preparing a grant application (Wellcome Trust, UK)
These webpages are still under development. If you have recommendations for links to other valuable resources, email any suggestions to Eoin O'Sullivan.