- DO use a concise and measured tone. DO NOT take an argumentative tone.
- DO answer ALL questions raised by reviewers.
- DO structure your response in a systematic way using clear headings.
- Where appropriate, DO use references to peer reviewed publications to correct any factual inaccuracies.
- DO NOT question the credentials of the reviewers or dismiss their opinions.
- DO NOT argue that the strengths of other aspects of the proposal (e.g., potential impact) outweigh some of the weaknesses identified by the reviewers.
- DO take some time to allow your disappointment to subside before reading the reviewers comments carefully.
- DO treat the reviewers’ comments as a means of improving your next proposal.
- DO contact the Program Officer to learn as much as you can about the review of your proposal.
Links to other resources: