IfM Review Issue 6 - What's new at the IfM - November
Download the PDF, or read in ISSUU above.
Digital manufacturing at the IfM: a special issue of IfM Review
As the Fourth Industrial Revolution gets underway we thought it would be useful to share some of our work on digitalisation and how it is already transforming the way manufacturers are working and governments are thinking. In this time of rapid change and uncertainty we can be sure about one thing: digitalisation will ultimately have an impact on all manufacturers, large and small. The trick is to seize the opportunities it presents. If you don't, someone else will.
We hope our insights will help you think about what digitalisation might mean for your organisation. This issue includes:
- An introduction to IfM research into digital manufacturing by Professor Andy Neely.
- Dr Eoin O’Sullivan on how the major manufacturing economies are taking different policy approaches to addressing the challenges and opportunities presented by the new digital technologies.
- Dr Jag Srai on a powerful new framework to help companies articulate their own vision of an extended digital supply chain and develop a strategy to achieve it.
- Dr Alexandra Brintrup on using data analytics to make smarter, more resilient manufacturing systems.
- Professor Andy Neely on five key things industry leaders should focus on to survive the journey to a digital future.
We hope you enjoy this issue of the Review. If you are interested in exploring any of the topics in more detail, please do get in touch. We would be delighted to hear from you.
|Digital Manufacturing at the IfM|