Record attendance expected for the R&D Management Conference and PhD Colloquium
Photo Credit: Rich Etteridge / Shutterstock.com
There have been over 550 submissions of academic and industrial papers from 43 countries. We expect over 400 academics and industrialists to join us to discuss the issues of the day, present their research and network.
The event is preceded by a new two-day PhD Colloquium, sponsored by the R&D Management Association (RADMA). It will provide selected PhD students with customised feedback on their research from peers, senior scholars and industrial experts.
- Warren East – Chief Executive of Rolls-Royce plc
- Professor David Teece – Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Professor Chris Whitty – Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK Department of Health
- Joe de Sousa - UK/US Product Development Science & Technology Lead, AstraZeneca plc
Leading researchers from around the world will present their work on a variety of topics including:
- Tools, toolkits, techniques and processes for managing technology, R&D and innovation;
- Entrepreneurship, investment, open innovation, business models and intellectual property;
- Technology and innovation policy, systems of innovation, innovation impact and university-industry interaction;
- People, organisation, skills and learning for R&D effectiveness.
In line with RADMA’s aim to increase industrial interest and engagement with both the R&D Management journal and the conference, there will be a strong industry-relevant track throughout the conference, with a variety of practice-oriented workshops. The activities and members of the STIM consortium will be well represented. Day passes for industrial delegates are available for each day of the conference.
The modern facilities of Churchill College and the Institute for Manufacturing provide a convenient location for the conference and the colloquium. A full range of external activities, including the conference dinner in Kings College, will give access to the summer delights of old Cambridge.
To find out more, or to book your place please visit here.