This group manages the following resources:
- Camtools resources (password protected)
- National / regional groups relating to engineering education
- UK Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- UK Engineering Education Research Special Interest Group
- UK Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE)
- European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
Teaching and learning resources
- Ridgman, T. & Sheibani, F. Comparison of Learning styles of British and Yemeni Students. SEFI 43rd Annual Conference, Orleans, France, 2015
- Shawcross, J. K. & Ridgman, T. W. 2015. Designing Research for Theory and Practice, REES 2015. Dublin.
- Shawcross, J. K. & Ridgman, T. W. 2014. Short Industrial Placements - developing an activity based framework to support teaching and learning. Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning, Vol 4, Issue 3.
- Mahmud, M. N. & Ridgman, T. W. 2014. The Application of the Repertory Grid Interview Method for Improving the Identification and Understanding of Competencies Required for Engineering Practice SEFI 2014. Birmingham, UK.
- Ridgman, T.W. & LIU, M. 2014. Engineering Graduate Employability – an international comparison. SEFI 2014. Birmingham, UK.
- Shawcross, J. K. & Ridgman, T. W. 2014. Completing the SIP activity framework – what through placement activities should they, and do they, do? SEFI 2014. Birmingham, UK.
- Shawcross, J.K. and Ridgman, T.W. (2013) Publishing Engineering Education Research, Higher Education Academy. View here.
- Shawcross, J.K. and Ridgman, T.W. (2013) Two week, industrial placements for Masters students - What do they, and should they, do? SEFI 41st Annual Conference: Leuven, Belgium. The activity framework referred to in the paper above can be found here.
- Shawcross, J. K. and Ridgman, T. W. (2013). Manufacturing Excellent Engineers; skill development in a Masters programme, Engineering Education: a Journal of the Higher Education Academy, Volume 7, Issue 2.
- Shawcross, J.K. and Ridgman, T.W. (2012). Towards a skills development framework, SRHE Conference. View here.
- Shawcross, J. (2012). Manufacturing Excellent Engineers: Skill Development in a Masters Programme. View here.