ISMM starts at the beginning of October and consists of 11 months of taught programme plus one month of assessment. The taught programme is split as follows:
- Eight weeks of project work, during which you will tackle four projects
- 15 weeks of taught modules
- A two-week overseas study tour either in mainland Europe or further afield.
- Three weeks of holiday at Christmas and one week at Easter
- An 18-week dissertation project where you will be working with researchers for the Institute for Manufacturing applying new theories to industrial applications.
ISMM is not just an academic course - the balance of activities shows clearly that the emphasis is on learning by doing - you will be solving real problems in live industrial situations.