Enterprise, Globalisation and Policy
Globally, manufacturing output continues to increase and most companies have an international footprint. This module explores how firms grow, how changing global conditions influence their management and the implications for industrial policy.
Dr Tim Minshall
Module learning outcomes
On completion of the module students should be able to:
- Describe key characteristics of modern manufacturing industries, and what factors are driving changes within them.
- Understand the ways in which companies and governments can respond to industrial transformation.
- Explain some of the different ways in which incumbent and new firms can capture value from changes in the industry structures.
- Understand the basics of how industrial and innovation policies are developed and implemented.
- Recognise the complexity and tradeoffs that are a feature of policy implementation.