The Design Management Group is interested in how design can be effectively managed to create sustainable, desirable, usable and producible new products and services. Central to this aim is the role of design as an integrator between technology and users. We are also active in understanding, valuing and promoting the importance of design at firm and national levels.
Key research interests include
- Valuing the benefits of design
- Integrating design and technology
- How to design sustainable products and services
- New ways of managing product development
- Using design as a strategic resource
Linde Gases has designed a radical new valve for its gas cylinders, with support from the IfM’s Design Management Group and IfM ECS...