New thinking about manufacturing. Putting those new ideas into practice today. Educating the manufacturing leaders of tomorrow.
‘Exemplary educator’ Alan Thorne wins Pilkington Prize
The prize recognises Alan’s outstanding contribution to the IfM’s flagship educational ‘Robot Lab’, which has become one of the defining features of the Manufacturing Engineering Tripos (MET).
IfM partners on new hub to drive healthcare innovation across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
The institute is part of a winning bid led by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust to host one of four new UK hubs supporting the adoption of innovations in healthcare.
IfM students Tse Uweja and Charlie Barty-King among 2021 Vice-Chancellor’s Social Impact Award winners
Their achievements and commitment to positive social change impressed a panel of judges consisting of four stakeholders representing the community, the University of Cambridge and organisations dedicated to supporting student social action.
- 23Sep[ONLINE EVENT] Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium 2021
- 03Nov[ONLINE EVENT] Cambridge Service Alliance Industry Day Conference
Top ten articles
- Connecting healthcare and manufacturing: The challenges of COVID-19
- Innovate Indonesia: Unlocking growth through technological transformation
- The Maker Movement vs COVID-19: How a DIY community responded to the pandemic
- Understanding risk in pharmaceutical supply chains
- Supply chains and the power of artificial intelligence
- UK supply chains: Learning the right lessons from COVID-19
- COVID-19: International manufacturing policy responses
- COVID-19 critical supplies: The manufacturing repurposing challenge
- Why you need Big Data to measure customer loyalty
- Helping SMEs towards digitalisation