This online course will provide a thorough introduction to product-technology roadmapping and strategic roadmapping, including ‘hands-on’ activities, during which roadmaps will be created.
In addition, and as part of the learning process, each delegate will develop their own roadmap (for their own product/service/idea) with support and guidance provided by the course tutors.
Delegates will benefit from additional material and discussions regarding decision making tools that can be integrated into roadmapping, workshop facilitation practices and key considerations in organisational roadmapping capability development.
What you will learn/experience
- How roadmapping can help organisations to align technology and commercial perspectives
- Approaches for implementing roadmapping at the product-technology, innovation, business and sector levels
- Multifunctional workshop methods for implementing roadmapping
- The application of roadmapping as a platform for management tools
- Practical hands-on application and guided development of roadmaps, including roadmaps for delegates’ own topics of interest.
Session 1 – 4: Principles and concepts on roadmapping with hands-on practice on case study. Monday 25 – Thursday 28 January 2021 (14.30-17.00 UK time)
Tutorial component (guided application by delegates): in which each delegate will be tasked with creating a roadmap for their matter of interest (e.g. a product, service, idea) over a week. Each delegate will receive direct support from a course tutors to guide the development of their roadmap.
Session 5: Feedback and discussions on delegates’ roadmaps. Thursday 4 February 2021 (14.30-17.00 UK time)
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for:
- Product managers
- Product development teams
- Technology and technical managers
- Innovation managers / directors
- Strategy planners
- Strategy consultants
- Digital copies of course handouts.
- A copy of 'T-Plan: the fast start to Technology Roadmapping. Planning your route to success', developed in collaboration with a wide range of companies, will be provided as part of each course (normal price £149), together with a copy of the latest Technology Roadmapping book 'Roadmapping for Strategy and Innovation - Aligning technology and markets in a dynamic world' (normal price £195).
Find out more about Strategic Roadmapping at the IfM, including information on our research, education and consultancy activities.
This short course can be run in-company, at a location of choice, for organisations that would like to train multiple employees on the content. We can tailor content to meet specific organisational requirements to further enhance the learning experience. Please contact us for further information (email - email@example.com).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This event may contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of your professional institution's monitoring scheme.
University of Cambridge endorsement
IfM open courses are endorsed by the Board of Executive and Professional Education.
Monday 25 – Thursday 28 January 2021 & 4 February 2021 (14.30-17.00 UK time)
Duration: 5 x 2.5-hour online sessions, 14.30-17.00 UK time; with individual tutorial support for each delegate.
Fees: £1900 plus VAT; (Early bird rate: £1710 plus VAT - available until one month prior to the course date)
For further information please contact:
T: +44 1223 766141
"Delivered by practitioners with great depth of knowledge"
Group Technology Officer, automotive company
"I'm still impressed at how easily the roadmapping process brought together the disparate ideas of the group into something pretty coherent!"
Principal Engineer, electronics company