Increasingly, sustainability is a critical business issue. Companies must be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable. This module addresses current thinking in these areas, with a specific focus on environmental issues. Students will acquire the tools necessary to complete a detailed carbon footprint analysis of a product.
Module learning outcomes
On completion of the module students should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
- What is meant by sustainability in an industrial context;
- The drivers of and barriers to sustainable manufacturing;
- The practical limits of sustainability in an industrial and global context;
- The implications of resource scarcity;
- Carbon footprint assessment of a product.