Dr Xin Li
Visiting Academic Fellow Innovation and IP Management
Xin Li is a visiting academic fellow in the Centre for Technology Management at the Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge. He is joining the Innovation and Intellectual Property Management (IIPM) research group that leading by Dr. Frank. He is an associate researcher in school of economics and management, Beijing University of Technology. He received his Ph.D. degree from Beijing University of Technology in 2012. From September, 2010 to September, 2011, he was a visiting Ph.D. candidate student in Department of Engineering and Technology Management, Portland State University (USA). From July, 2012 to July, 2014, he was a Post-doctor in School of Public Policy and Management, Tsinghua University. He is also the editorial board member of IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, and the Guest editor of Special Issue: “Technology and Engineering in China” of IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. He has long been engaged in patent informatics, emerging technologies, and innovation studies.
- Patent informatics
- Emerging technologies
- Technology forecasting, and technology foresight
- Technology roadmap
- Innovation studies
- “Study the emergence mechanism of emerging technologies based on multi-source heterogeneous data mining” funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- “Identifying disruptive technologies based on multi-source heterogeneous data mining” funded by Beijing University of Technology.
- “Identifying emerging technologies based on SAO semantic analysis method” funded by Beijing Natural Science Youth Foundation of China.
- Xin Li*, Qianqian Xie, Jiaojiao Jiang, Yuan Zhou, Lucheng Huang. Identifying and monitoring the development trends of emerging technologies using patent analysis and twitter data mining: The case of perovskite solar cell technology. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2019, 146(9): 687-705.
- Xin Li, Qianqian Xie, Tugrul Daim, Lucheng Huang. Forecasting technology trends using text mining of the gaps between science and technology: The case of perovskite solar cell technology. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2019, 146: 432-449.
- Xin Li, Yuan Zhou, Lan Xue, Lucheng Huang. Roadmapping for industrial emergence and innovation gaps to catch-up: a patent-based analysis of OLED industry in China. International Journal of Technology management, 2016, 72(1): 105-143.
- Zhou Yuan, Li Xin*, Lema Rasmus., Urban Frauke. Comparing the knowledge bases of wind turbine firms in Asia and Europe: patent trajectories, networks, and globalization. Science and Public Policy, 2016, 43(4): 476-491.
- Xin Li, Yuan Zhou, Lan Xue, Lucheng Huang. Integrating bibliometrics and roadmapping methods: a case of dye-sensitized solar cell technology-based industry in China, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2015, 97: 205-222.