Sullivan Songhe Ye
- Technology Management
- Innovation Ecosystems
- Design Innovation
- Engineering Education
Sullivan Songhe YE is a Doctoral Researcher in the Centre for Technology Management, under the supervision of Prof. Tim Minshall (Institute for Manufacturing) and Prof. Peter Williamson (Cambridge Judge Business School). His research aims to improve the understanding of Emerging Technologies’ Innovation Ecosystems, with research interests focus on Technology Management, Design Innovation, Engineering Education and Technology Entrepreneurship.
Sullivan has an MBA degree from Tsinghua University with MBA exchange study at Graduate School of Business, Stanford University. Prior to coming to Cambridge, he co-founded startups in Digital, Advanced Manufacturing and Bio-medical industries and worked in several countries for 9 years to gain business knowledge and entrepreneurial insights.
During 2015-2016, Sullivan was invited to work at University of California, Berkeley as a visiting researcher. Since 2016, Sullivan is Research Fellow and Assistant Director of Centre for Social Innovation and Risk Management, Tsinghua University.
He is member of British Academy of Management (BAM) in UK and Academy of Management (AOM) in US.
- Liu, W., Beltagui, A. & Ye, S. (2021). Accelerated Innovation Through Repurposing: Exaptation of Design and Manufacturing in Response to COVID-19. R&D Management.
- Liu, W., Beltagui, A. & Ye, S. (2020). Opening up to overcome crises: How exaptation contributes to innovation ecosystems’ response to COVID-19. 7th annual World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC-2020). In the Cloud, 10-11, December 2020.
- Liu, W., Zhu, Z. & Ye, S. (2020). A decision-making methodology integrated for additive manufacturing process selection. Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 895-909.
- Liu, W., Zhu, Z. & Ye, S. (2019). Industrial Case Studies of Additive Manufacturing for End-Use Consumer Products. 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing, 6(6), 281-292.
- Liu, W., Ye, S. & Moultrie, J. (2019). Exploring traditional and new web-based methods to involve customers in new product development. International Journal of Product Development, 23(1), 42-64.
- Liu, W., Moultrie, J., & Ye, S. (2019) The Customer-Dominated Innovation Process: Involving Customers as Designers and Decision-Makers in Developing New Product, The Design Journal, 22:3, 299-324.
- Liu, W., Zhu, Z., Ye, S., Jin, X. & Yan, G. (2018). Investigation of professional design practice: a framework for designing plastic consumer products for additive manufacturing. International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, 58 (2-3), 104-128.
- Ye, S. & Minshall, T. (2017). Management of Emerging Technologies at the Business Ecosystem Level: An Exploratory Study of Gene Sequencing Technology in China. 26th International Association for Management of Technology Conference (IAMOT-2017). Vienna, Austria, 14-18, May 2017.
- Ye, S. (2016) “International Entrepreneurship Strategy of Chinese Enterprises”. Golden Light Academic Publishing, ISBN 978-3-639-82754-5
- Ye, S. & Minshall, T. (2015). An Explorative Study on the International Business Strategy of Born-global Enterprises in Emerging Markets. Academy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Conference (AIE-2015). Toronto, Canada, 19-21, August 2015.
- Liu, W. & Ye, S. (2014). “Innovation with the Customers: New Design Strategies for NPD at the Internet Age”. 2014 (03): 52-57.