Pichawadee (Gate) Kittipanya-Ngam
- International Supply Chain/Value Chain Strategies and Designs
- Internationalisation of Supply Chain
- Agro-Food and Food Supply Chain Management – International and Multinational Firms
- Value Chain Analysis & Mapping Techniques
- Service Supply Chain Operations – Healthcare, Hotel, and Telecommunication Industries
- Risks and Sustainable Supply Chain Design
- Social Entrepreneurships and Social Enterprise’s Supply Chain
In 2005, Pichawadee started her PhD research under the guidance of Professor Mike Gregory and Dr. Yongjiang Shi, and with full-funding support from the Cambridge Overseas Trust (COT) and a Royal Thai Government Scholarship. Her research was focused on international supply chain strategies and designs in food manufacturing industries. Through close collaboration with six international and multinational food manufacturers in the UK and Thailand, the study identified various types of food supply chain strategies and configurations and provided insights into their key drivers and implications. In June 2010, Pichawadee’s co-authored paper on food supply chain strategic configurations won the Harry Boer Best Student Paper Award at the EurOMA Conference in Porto, Portugal. In August 2012, Pichawadee completed her PhD from the University of Cambridge.
Pichawadee is currently a lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management at the Department of Industrial Engineering, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Bangkok, Thailand. She continues to work very closely with industry and the Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) – Centre for International Manufacturing – and has researched and published in the areas of international supply chain management, food industry, and supply chain internationalisation. Pichawadee also reviews articles e.g. Benchmarking International Journal (BIJ).
Recent and Ongoing Projects
Thailand’s ready-meal supply chain strategy and design (fully funded by the Royal Thai Government) - the project seeks to restructure the existing supply chains of Thailand’s ready-meal according to the dynamics of economic growth in ASEAN countries as well as the launch of AEC (ASEAN Economic Community) agreements in year 2015Operational excellence in service supply chains including hospital and telecommunication businesses in Thailand – the projects aim to improve operational performance of service supply chains, mainly through Value Stream Mapping (VSM) tools.
- Kittipanya-ngam, P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2011), “Exploring Geographical Dispersion in Thailand-based food supply chain (FSC)”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Special issue on Supply chain networks in emerging markets, Vol. 18, No. 6
- Kittipanya-ngam, P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2010), “Food Supply Chain in Manufacturing Companies – An Exploratory Study on Product & Configuration”, Proceedings of the 17th International Annual EurOMA (European Operations Management Association) Conference, 6-9 June 2010, Porto, Portugal (awarded the Best Student Paper amongst 417 papers submitted internationally)
- Kittipanya-ngam P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2010), “Supply Chain Strategy in Food Manufacturing Firms: The danger of overlooking food industry characteristics”, International Journal of Logistics and Transportation, Vol. 4, No. 2
- Kittipanya-ngam, P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2009), “Product – Supply Chain Relations: Empirical findings in the food manufacturing industry”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Logistics and Transport (ICLT), 17-19 Dec 2009, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Kittipanya-ngam, P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2008), “Food Supply Chain Strategies: Case Studies of Thai International Food Manufacturers”, Proceedings of 15th International Annual European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) Conference, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Kittipanya-ngam, P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2007), “Global Supply Networks and Its Product Architecture: Case studies in the food industry”, International Journal of Logistics and Transport (IJLT), October 2007, Vol. 1, No. 1/1
- Kittipanya-ngam, P. and Shi, Y. and Gregory, M.J. (2007), “A conceptual thinking of global supply network (GSN) in the food industry: towards architecture & reconfiguration”, POMS 18th Annual Conference, Dallas, Texas, U.S.A. May 4 to May 7, 2007