Maximilian joined the Institute for Manufacturing as a PhD candidate in engineering under the supervision of Dr Frank Tietze in October 2020. His research focuses on firm-level innovation performance in climate change mitigation technologies and the classification of green technologies from patent data. He is interested in the valuation of technologies and innovation to enhance decision making processes.
Prior to starting his PhD, Max earned a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration from RWTH Aachen University as well as a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Tsinghua University. He further holds a M.Sc. in Business Analytics from University College London and was a visiting student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Vimalnath, P., Tietze, F., Jain, A., Gurtoo, A., Eppinger, E., Elsen, M. (2021) An emirical investigation of intellectual property for sustainability and its relevance to IPR policy. Submitted to Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Vimalnath, P., Tietze, F., Eppinger, E., Jain, A., Gurtoo, A., Elsen, M. (2022) Responsible intellectual property strategy for transition towards sustainable development. Submitted to World Patent Information.
- Elsen, M., Aristodemou, L., Tietze, F., Vimalnath, P. (2021). Identifying green sustainable technologies: The state-of-the-art from using patent data. R&D Management Conference 2021, University of Strathclyde, Strathclyde, United Kingdom. Best paper award in track ‘The Future of R&D Innovation’. To be submitted to Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Tietze, F., Aristodemou, L., Elsen, M., Moerchel, A. (2021): What the United States (US) Intellectual Property (IP) waiver announcement tells us about the value of Covid-19 vaccine patents. To be submitted to Nature Biotechnology.
- Tietze, F., Tang, A., Aristodemou, L., Elsen, M. (2021). Chinese innovation system stakeholders’ perception of the importance and use of IP: Lessons from a field trip. R&D Management Conference 2021, University of Strathclyde, Strathclyde, United Kingdom. To be submitted to IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.
- Elsen, M., Aristodemou, L., Tietze, F., Vimalnath, P. (2021). Innovation in Climate-Change Mitigation Technologies: A Patent Analysis. DRUID 2021 Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark. To be submitted to World Patent Information.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit