Marco joined DIAL in September 2018 as a Research Associate. Previously, he was Teaching Fellow at The University of Leicester (UK).
Dr. Perez Hernandez, completed his PhD in Computer Science at the University of Leicester (UK). During his PhD he worked on the definition of agent and service architectures to enable relative autonomy and adaptation in Smart Objects systems. He also holds a Master in Business Administration from the University of Los Andes (Colombia) and a BEng degree in Systems Engineering from the District University of Bogota (Colombia). Besides his research and teaching experience, Marco has worked for around 8 years in industry, particularly in software engineering and IT consultancy projects across different sectors.
Marco's research interests include:
* Agent-based software architectures
* Specification & design of Autonomous and Adaptable Systems (A&AS).
* Agent-based modelling and simulations
* Decentralised and constrained decision-making processes
* P2P coordination, resilience and cooperation
* Social IoT (S-IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)
Click here to access my publications