Dr Hang Zhou
Dr. Hang Zhou obtained his PhD on Mechanics of Materials and Engineering Asset Management. His undergraduate was on Civil and Environmental Engineering from Hong Kong. Hang has also worked as a structural engineer in Hong Kong between his undergraduate and PhD studies. His applied research has close ties with different industrial partners, including Siemens AG, Rolls-Royce plc, BAE Systems plc, Bombardier Inc., ANSYS Inc., CFMS Ltd. and National Grid plc.
Hang has been recognized for research excellence by awards from the Great-Britain China Educational Trust (GBCET) and the Henry Lester Trust.
His research background and interests include:
- Engineering Asset Management
- Logistics/Supply-chain Optimization
- Data Science and Machine Learning Algorithm Development
- Aerospace Engineering
- Material Science
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Structural Engineering and Design
- Computational Solid and Fluid Mechanics
- Hang Zhou, Sivashangari Gnanasambandam, Maurizio Foresta, David Weston, Fan Li, Jingzhe Pan, Michelle Le Blanc (2017), Measurement and modelling of pitting depth distribution for phosphor bronze tapes used in underground power transmission cables. CORROSION. 73(7):844-852. doi: https://doi.org/10.5006/2227.
- Hang Zhou, Sivashangari Gnanasambandam, Maurizio Foresta, Fan Li, Michelle Le Blanc, David Weston, Jingzhe Pan (2018), Life prediction of phosphor bronze reinforcing tape used in underground power cables. CORROSION. 74(5):165-167. doi: https://doi.org/10.5006/2627.
- Hang Zhou, Fan Li, Michelle Le Blanc, Jingzhe Pan (submitted and under review), A Machine Learning Approach Proposing the 'Intelligent Power Grid' Reliability Evaluation in Engineering Asset Management, Reliability Engineering and System Safety.