Dr. Hang Zhou obtained his PhD on Mechanics of Materials and Engineering Asset Management. His undergraduate was on Civil and Environmental Engineering from Hong Kong. Hang has also worked as an architect and structural engineer in Hong Kong between his undergraduate and PhD studies. His applied research has close ties with different industrial partners, including Siemens AG, Rolls-Royce plc, BAE Systems plc, Bombardier Inc., ANSYS Inc., CFMS Ltd. and National Grid plc.
Hang has been recognized for research excellence by awards from the Great Britain-China Educational Trust (GBCET) and the Henry Lester Trust.
His research background and interests include:
- Engineering Asset Management
- Operational Research
- Industry 4.0
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Aerospace Engineering
- Material Science
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Structural Engineering and Design
- Computational Solid Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery
- Journal Reviewer: Materials & Design
- Journal Reviewer: Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics
- St Edmund's College, Cambridge