Hui-Hong JK Li
Dr Li graduated as an electronic engineer with a 1st class honours degree (B Eng.) in 1989, and continued his research in the area of Information Storage and Retrieval Systems leading to a master's degree (M Sc.) at the University of Manchester in UK. He gained his PhD at Cambridge University for work on Collaborative New Product Introduction (NPI) Strategy. He has published in the areas of manufacturing strategy and mid-sized technology based business models.
He joined Texas Instruments, an US based Multi-National Corporation (MNC) as an engineer before setting up his own electronic manufacturing business and running it for more than 18 years. The companies employ over a thousand people to develop and manufacture Ventura V-Flex™ electronic components and Digi-Pas™ digital measurement instruments utilised by blue-chip MNCs such as SONY, Panasonic/Matsushita, Hewlett Packard, DELL, Epson, Pioneer, Canon, SHARP, etc. His Singapore based company owns over twenty IPs (i.e. Patents, Registered designs & Trade-marks) and specialises in the area of Flexible Printed Circuit/Flat Cables and Precision Digital Levelling Instruments.
Jim Li holds numerous patents in the areas of advanced technology deployment to electronic products and its related manufacturing processes.
External activities include panel member of the Singapore Government’s Economic Strategic Committee (ESC) and the advisory board member for a provincial Indonesian Chinese Association (non-profit organization).
- Global Manufacturing Strategy and Supply Network
- Collaborative NPI Process (Rapid Manufacturing Volume Ramp Up)
- Rapid Technology Acquisition and Deployment
- Manufacturing Firms Growth and Entrepreneurship (High-Tech Sectors)
- Technopreneurship – Disruptive Innovation and Technology
- Li, Hui-Hong J.K., Tan, Kim Hua, and Hida, Atsunori. (2011), "Sustaining Growth in Electronic Manufacturing Sector: Lessons from Japanese Mid-size EMS Providers". International Journal of Production Research. Vol. 49, No. 18.
- Patent Inventor: Li, Hui Hong J.K. (2010), ‘A Rigid-Flex Circuit Board and Manufacturing Method’. Publication No. WO/2012/030299A1. International Application No.: PCT/SG2010/000322. Applicant: JSB TECH PRIVETE LIMITED.
- Patent Inventor: Li, Hui Hong J.K. (2010), ‘Electronic Combination Lock’. Publication No. US 2013/0055773 A1. International Application No.: PCT/SG2010/000194. Applicant: JSB TECH PRIVETE LIMITED.
- Patent Inventors: Li, Hui Hong J.K., et.al. (2008), ‘Method and Apparatus for Assembling Surface Mount Device’. Publication No. WO/2008/105744. International Application No.: PCT/SG2008/000064. Applicant: JSB TECH PRIVETE LIMITED.
- Patent Inventors: Li, Hui Hong J.K, et.al. (2008), ‘A Hand-Held Digital Level’. Publication No. WO/2008/115148. International Application No.: PCT/SG2008/000063. Applicant: JSB TECH PRIVETE LIMITED.
- Li, H.H.J.K, Shi, Y. and Gregory, M. J. (2005), "New Product Volume Ramp-up manufacturing Strategy: A Supplier Perspective". The 1st International Symposium on Global Manufacturing and China, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, October 2005.
- Li, H.H.J.K and Tan, K.H. (2004) "Taking Product to Market: A Selection Framework Based on Life Cycle Theories", International Journal of Services and Standards. Vol. 1, No. 1.
- Li, H.H.J.K and Tan, K.H. (2004) "A 'Medium to Big' Business Growth Model", The 9th Annual Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium, Cambridge, UK.
- Li, H.H.J.K and Tan, K.H. (2004) "SMEs Business Growth Model: A Medium to Big Effort", International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development. Vol.1., No.3, 195-207.
- Li, H.H.J.K, Shi, Y. and Gregory, M. J. (2003), "The Implications of Rapid New Product Volume Ramp Up on Manufacturing Strategy: A Collaborative Supply Network Perspective", Decision Sciences Institute 7th International Conference, Shanghai, China, July 2003.
- Li, H.H.J.K, Shi, Y. and Gregory, M. J. (2003), 'Rapid New Product Volume Ramp Up Manufacturing: A Collaborative Supply Network Perspective', EurOMA and POMS International Conference Proceedings, Como Lake, Italy, June 2003.
- Li, H. H.J.K, Middleton B. K. and Miles J. J. (1993), 'Modelling of Recording System Performance and its Relationship to Recording Media Properties', Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 120 (1993) 206-209.
Informating next generation supply chains