Senior Research Associate
I focus on technology management tool development and application, including workshop based approaches to encourage technical/commercial discussion.
Following a Chemical Engineering degree (University of Nottingham, BSc BEng) I spent six years in industry in process plant and composites manufacturing environments, involving engineering projects, production support, process improvement and new product introduction work.
As a researcher in the Centre for Technology Management I have worked on a wide range of applied research projects, including Roadmapping.
Technology Management publications include:
- Farrukh, C and Holgado, M (2020) Integrating sustainable value thinking into technology forecasting: A configurable toolset for early stage technology assessment. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 158. ISSN 0040-1625
- Farrukh, CJP and Fraser, P and Hadjidakis, D and Phaal, R and Probert, DR and Tainsh, D (2004) Developing an integrated technology management process. Research Technology Management, 47. pp. 39-46. ISSN 0895-6308
- Farrukh, CJP and Phaal, R and Probert, DR and Gregory, MJ and Wright, J (2000) Developing a process for the relative valuation of R&D programmes. R and D Management, 30. pp. 43-53. ISSN 0033-6807
Roadmapping publications include:
- Phaal, R., Farrukh, C. and Probert, D. (2004), 'Technology roadmapping - a planning framework for evolution and revolution', Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 71(1-2), pp. 5-26.
- Phaal, R., Farrukh, C. and Probert, D. (2010), 'Roadmapping for strategy and innovation – aligning technology and markets in a dynamic world', Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge, ISBN 978-1-902546-82-7.
- Phaal, R., Farrukh, C. and Probert, D. (2001), 'T-Plan, Technology Roadmapping - planning your route to success', Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge, ISBN 978-1-902546-09-4.