Mr Jeremy Woffendin
As the former Technical Director at Heraeus Noblelight Ltd (HNL) on the Cambridge Science Park for 21 years, Jeremy was responsible for the Innovation, Engineering and Operations’ Teams.
This role involved the development of new products in markets as diverse as Industrial processing to hair removal; recent work focusing on UV disinfection and Composites heating. All new product development at HNL followed Innovation best practices with clear IP strategies, utilising expertise and tools developed at the IFM.
He has worked with the IFM on various topics for more than 15 years. In areas such as Innovation, Product Development, IP Strategy, Strategic Marketing and Operational Excellence.
Previously Jeremy worked in the Aerospace Industry developing materials and processes for the next generation of Aircraft.
Jeremy collected the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation 2015, won the Heraeus Global Innovation Award in 2004 and has been heavily involved in the development and subsequent manufacturing of many new products with IP protection.
He holds a Degree in Applied Physics with Laser Technology from the University of Hull.
- Institute for Manufacturing
- 17 Charles Babbage Road
- Cambridge CB3 0FS
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asset Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Complex Additive Materials
- Decision-Making for Emerging Technologies
- Design Management
- Digital Manufacturing
- Distributed Information & Automation Laboratory
- Fluids in Advanced Manufacturing
- Industrial Photonics
- Industrial Resilience
- Industrial Sustainability
- Inkjet Research
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- International Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Industry Education Research
- Science, Technology & Innovation Policy
- Strategy and Performance
- Technology Enterprise
- Technology Management
- Service Alliance
- University Commercialisation and Innovation Policy Evidence Unit