Manufacturing sustainability: Sustainable value creation through industrial symbiosis
Industrial symbiosis promotes sharing of physical and intangible resources between different industrial processes, increasing business opportunities and creating new jobs while reducing environmental impacts.
In this session, researchers from the Centre for Industrial Sustainability present recent findings from the SCALER Project and discuss the role of industrial symbiosis.
This webinar covers:
- The role of industrial symbiosis in a circular economy
- Triggers, enablers and barriers for successful implementation of industrial symbiosis
- Economic, environmental and social benefits of industrial symbiosis
- H2020 SCALER project highlights and project recommendations
- Followed by a Q&A with Dr Doroteya Vladimirova and Dr Karen Miller