Dr Jag Srai
Head of CIM
- International Supply Chains
- Supply Network Design - International firms and Multinational Corporations
- Supply Chain Capability - Capability Models
- Supply Chain Configuration - Influence on capability and performance
- Service Supply Chain operations
- Value chain analysis & mapping techniques
- Sustainable supply chain design
Recent and ongoing projects
- Global supply networks - understanding supply chain capabilities, network configuration and industry structures for key international manufacturing sectors
- Integrating value chains - input to UK Science & Innovation Review
- Service supply chain operations - addressing the needs of complex equipment manufacturers in their transition to service and support operations
- Effective Merger & Acquisition integration - supply chain perspectives
- Emerging industries - understanding the role of supply chains in product and supply led emerging industries
- Last mile logistics
Dr Jagjit Singh Srai is Head of the IfM's Centre for International Manufacturing. Jag's main research and practice interests are in the areas of international manufacturing and supply networks, in particular network configuration and industrial capability. Current research areas include supply chain mapping and value chain analysis, operations integration of multi-organisational manufacturing and service networks, and the development of new forms of supply network that support emerging industries. As part of the 'research-into-practice' activities of the Centre, recent industrial engagements span many sectors (Automotive, Aerospace, Food and FMCG, Pharma, Healthcare) and includes application of supply chain mapping and value chain analysis approaches to Multinationals, Emerging Industry networks, Industrial Development Organisations (UN-IDO, Cluster Associations) and Government bodies (RDAs, UKTI, BIS).
Before joining Cambridge University, Jag's previous roles have been in industry as a Manufacturing & Supply Chain Director of a Multinational (multiregional) operation, Technical Director of a National business, and other Senior Management positions, with over 17 years industrial experience in a variety of front-line Manufacturing and Supply Chain operational roles. He is a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute for Chemical Engineers.
Education and professional qualifications
- FIChemE, Fellow, Institute Of Chemical Engineers
- PhD (Cantab 2007) International supply networks
- MPhil (Cantab 2004), Supply chain capabilities of international supply networks
- C.Eng. Chartered Engineer - Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- B.Eng. 1st Class Honours (Aston University 1986), Chemical Engineering.