Dr Padmakshi Rana
- Business models and sustainable business models
- Value networks, value creation and stakeholders
- Sustainability, corporate responsibility and corporate social responsibility
- Standards and certifications in sustainability
- Corporate strategy and leadership
Current work and Background
Padmakshi is a post doctoral researcher at the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Industrial Sustainability. She is currently involved in SustainValue – a collaborative research project on new industrial models for a sustainable and efficient production, funded by the European Commission’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7). The project aims to develop business models and solutions that integrate sustainability through partnerships with stakeholders towards creating value for the companies.
Padmakshi holds an MPhil in Environment, Society and Development from the Department of Geography and a PhD from the Institute for Manufacturing, Department of Engineering, both at the University of Cambridge. Her doctoral research explored corporate social responsibility – part of the business contribution towards sustainability, in food manufacturing companies. Her preceding educational qualification includes an MBA, followed by a marketing career in tourism.
- Rana, P., Platts, J. & Gregory, M. (2009). Exploration of corporate social responsibility (CSR) in multinational companies within the food industry. Queen’s Discussion Paper Series on Corporate Responsibility Research, 2.