Dr Miriam Benedetti
Miriam Benedetti has joined the IfM in October 2016 as a postdoc in the Centre for Industrial Sustainability. She currently works on the Energy and Resource Management Systems for Improved Efficiency in the Process Industries (MAESTRI) project, funded by the European Commission through the Horizon 2020 programme, where UCAM is leading the Work Package on Industrial Symbiosis. She has been awarder her PhD in Industrial Engineering at University of Rome Tor Vergata, with a thesis entitled "Energy Performance Management in manufacturing: methodology, tools and framework for targets' setting and consumption control", and holds an MSc in Energy Engineering from the same University. Her main research interests are Industrial Energy Management, Energy and Resources Efficiency, Industrial Symbiosis, Industrial Sustainability, Operations Management, Six Sigma.
- M. Benedetti, V. Cesarotti, V. Introna, accepted for publication. “From energy targets setting to energy-aware Operations control and back: an advanced methodology for energy efficient manufacturing”. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- M. Benedetti, I. Bertini, F. Bonfà, S. Ferrari, V. Introna, D. Santino, S. Ubertini, accepted for publication. “Assessing and improving Compressed Air Systems’ energy efficiency in production and use: findings from an explorative study in large and energy-intensive industrial firms”. Energy Procedia, 8th International Conference on Applied Energy – ICAE 2016.
- M. Holgado, M. Benedetti, S. Evans, V. Introna. “Contextualisation in Industrial Energy Symbiosis: design process for a knowledge repository”, XXI Summer School Francesco Turco, 13-15 September 2016, Naples, Italy.
- M. Benedetti, A. Rondini, V. Introna, V. Cesarotti, S. Cavalieri. “SErvice Engineering Methodology and Energy Services: applicability analysis and case study”. Procedia CIRP 47, 358-363, 8th CIRP IPSS Conference, Industrial Product-Service Systems, 20-21 June 2016, Bergamo, Italy.
- M. Benedetti, V. Cesarotti, V. Introna, J. Serranti, 2016. “Energy consumption control automation using Artificial Neural Networks and adaptive algorithms: Proposal of a new methodology and case study”. Applied Energy 165, 60-7.
- M. Benedetti, V. Cesarotti, M. Holgado, V. Introna, M. Macchi, 2015. “A proposal for Energy Services' classification including a Product Service Systems perspective”. Procedia CIRP 30, 251-256, 7th CIRP IPSS Conference, Industrial Product-Service Systems, 21-22 May 2015 Saint-Etienne, France. DOI: 10.1016/j.procir.2015.02.121V. Introna, V. Cesarotti, M. Benedetti, S. Biagiotti, R. Rotunno, 2014. “Energy management maturity model: an organizational tool to foster the continuous reduction of energy consumption in companies”. International Journal of Cleaner Production 83, 108-117, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.07.001.