This intensive briefing day is designed to introduce the latest research, practice and education programmes of the Institute for Manufacturing (IfM). It also provides a forum for the fruitful exchange of ideas and an opportunity to explore possible collaborations.
Attendees will be able to meet IfM researchers from across the whole spectrum of manufacturing, from R&D and design to supply, production and service.
Our team of practitioners will describe some of our recent collaborations, where research-based tools and techniques have been applied in both industrial contexts and in the public sector.
There will be ample opportunity for questions and informal discussion to enable delegates to assess the relevance of topics to their own needs.
Benefits of attending
Attendees will hear about:
- The latest research into key industrial issues
- Practical tools and techniques derived from this research
- How these tools have been used in practice
- Opportunities for collaboration which can take the form of joint research activities, consultancy and education
All such collaborations help both inform and fund future research.
Who should attend?
Senior industrialists in large and multinational companies
Policymakers in local and national government and its agencies
Chief Executives, Chief Operating Officers and Chief Technology Officers. Vice-Presidents, Directors and Managers concerned with:
- Research and development
- Innovation and technology management
- Supply chain management